ESR 13 : Vijayabhaskarreddy (Vijay) Junnuthula
He obtained his MS (Pharm) degree with specialization in Pharmaceutics from the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), India. He later joined the research group of cancer nanomedicine at the Centre for Nano sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences in India as a Senior Research Fellow. His research was focused on synthetic biopolymer based implants designed for glioma treatment and bio distribution and Pharmacokinetics of nanoparticles. He also worked on spray drying technique and developed HPLC methods for various drugs. He holds Bachelor’s degree, Diploma in Pharmacy and the Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights from IGNOU, India.
In June 2016, Vijay joined as an ESR at the Centre for Drug Research, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, located in Vikki, Helsinki under the supervision of Prof. Arto Urtti.
His current work focuses on Intravitreal delivery of nanocarriers and development of nanomedicine library as well as pharmacokinetic models.
In his spare time he enjoys exploring new places and cultures and he is interested in photography, cooking (South Indian) and reading books.
Project topic: Bio-distribution of Nanomedicine Libraries
Controlled release strategies and targeting abilities of nanoparticles demonstrated in vitro as well as in vivo models previously. However there is a strong need for matrix and organ specific studies to establish PBPK models. As part of consortium this project aims intended to establish release kinetics invitro and in vivo, subsequently to use this data to develop pharmacokinetic models for intravitreal delivery of nanomedicines. Moreover this project also aims development of cassette dosing assay for screening of multiple drugs in the vitreous using LC-MS.
Home country: India
NanoMed partner: University of Helsinki
Supervisor: Prof. Arto Urtti
Starting date: June 1st, 2016
- Khatik, Renuka, Pankaj Dwivedi, Vijayabhaskar Reddy Junnuthula, Komal Sharma, Krishna Chuttani, Anil Kumar Mishra, and Anil Kumar Dwivedi. “Potential in vitro and in vivo colon specific anticancer activity in a HCT-116 xenograft nude mice model: targeted delivery using enteric coated folate modified nanoparticles.” RSC Advances 5, no. 21 (2015): 16507-16520.
- Dyawanapelly, Sathish, Vijayabhaskar Reddy Junnuthula, and AkhileshVikram Singh. “The Holy Grail of Polymer Therapeutics for Cancer Therapy: An Overview on the Pharmacokinetics and Bio Distribution.” Current drug metabolism 16, no. 7 (2015): 522-537.
- Ranjith Ramachandran ,Vijayabhaskar Reddy Junnuthula, G Siddaramana Gowd , Anusha Ashokan, John Thomas, Reshmi Peethambaran, Anoop Thomas , AKK Unni , Dilip Panikar , Shantikumar V Nair “Theragnostic 3-Dimensional nano brain-implant for prolonged and localized treatment of recurrent glioma” Scientific Reports 2017
- July 2016 Nanomed kick-off meeting
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Utrecht University
- Bordeaux University